12 Days of Christmas Day 5
A Few of Kate’s Favorite Christmas Things:
1. Pomanders. My mother and I used to make these, and they always remind me of Christmas. Take an orange and poke holes in it with a skewer or something small. You can make a design or lines, or random patterns. Stick cloves (pointy end first!) into the holes, affix a ribbon with hot glue or a tack, and hang. As the orange dries out, it gives off the most wonderful smell!
2. Terry’s Chocolate Orange. My hubby gets me one every year. I love them.
3. Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas. I watch it every year.
4. I’ll Be Home for Christmas — possibly my favorite Christmas Carol.
5. Christmas Eve with Steve. With a catchy title like that, how can I not love it? Just me, the hubby and the cats, drinking hot chocolate (the cats don’t have any!), opening a gift, and basically just enjoying being together.
6. The Muppets Christmas Carol. Gonzo as Charles Dickens. Michael Caine as Scrooge, and Kermit the Frog singing One More Sleep Til Christmas. Classic.
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?