Twelve Days of Christmas: Day 1
I was going to write a short story for the upcoming holidays, but my schedule simply won’t allow it. Instead, I thought I’d offer up something else — something Christmasy from me and my characters for the next twelve days — right up until Christmas Eve.
Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!
Sam Morgan’s Christmas List:
I really don’t want/need anything, but Em wanted me to make a list, so I’m going to write one to make her happy. Plus, she said she wouldn’t make one if I didn’t, and I have no idea what to get her, so I suppose I’d best get to it.
1. Shirts that don’t rip (Does anyone make these?)
2. A Christmas goose of my own — 3 blokes in this house, you’d think there’d be more food.
3. For Emily to get whatever she wants.
A muzzle for Finley, so I don’t have to listen to her jabber on.
5. A new seat for my velocycle.
6. A new copy of Great Expectations. (Mine is falling apart.)
7. For Leonardo Garibaldi to rot in hell. (I don’t care if that’s not festive.)
8. A train set. (What? I like trains.)
That’s it. I can’t think of anything else, and I’m hungry. Plus, Finley is reading over my shoulder and has started calling me ‘Conductor.’ I take back crossing out #4. I could really, really use that muzzle.